ERIKS Digital is growing and looking for a great Scrum Master to join!
As Scrum Master you have a leading role in the development teams. You are responsible that the delivery teams and Product Owners use the agile (SCRUM/KANBAN) methodologies effectively.
You will stimulate the teams in working Agile and are responsible for organising a proper sprint cycle with all the needed ceremonies. Any impediments or constraints occurring during the sprint you will manage for the team.
Your main responsibility is the operational excellence of the development teams.
You will report to the head of the development and delivery department.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Handle all the scrum ceremonies
- Ensure proper usage of Agile methodologies
- Remove impediments and constraints for the team
- Help the teams strive for excellence (quality and quantity of the deliveries)
- Protect the team from external disturbances
- Ensure understanding of the way of working by stakeholders and receive their commitment to it
What we are looking for:
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree
- Minimal of 3 years of relevant hands on experience
- Passion for Agile and Lean methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, DevOps and SAFe)
- Understand backlog tracking, burn-down metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Have experience with Scrum boards and tooling like JIRA and Confluence
- See opportunities and always be eager to improve team performance
- Have strong communication and facilitating skills and understand the team needs
- Understand different forces and interests in organisations and know how to handle resistance
- Have experience and knowledge of modern software development techniques and processes and know how to apply them effectively (like CI/CD, TDD)
- Be eager to train other colleagues in agile ways of working
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work with diverse & multi international personality types
What we offer:
- A lot of opportunities to get involved in shaping other organisational development
- Colleagues from non-tech teams proactively approach you to help them adapting agile/scrum elements
- Working together with colleagues that are as fun as they are bright
- Opportunity to help our organisation in taking the next steps in the agile transformation
- Important role within our tech organisation, lot of impact
- Competitive salary, pension scheme and 30 paid holidays a year
- A nice office next to Amstel station in Amsterdam, good lunch (healthy if you choose)
- Frequent social outings, (boat) parties and more
- Online and off line trainings, company 'brainshares'; we want you to develop